Instruction: Study the map of IHIMA and answer Questions 1-5.
1. The line across the contour on the North-East margin of the map signifies ___.
A. Gentle slope
2. GANI is a settlement on ___.
4. Letter ‘Y on the map is located on ___.
5. Letter M is on a ___.
B. conical hill
6. An aircraft takes off from Los Angeles (120°W) on a ten-hour direct flight to Sydney (150°E). if the takeoff time is 436 pm on Monday 21st June. what should be the arrival time in Sydney?
7. Al !he equator. the earth’s circumference is about ___.
A. 60,000 km
B. 45, 000 km
C. 40,000 km
D. none of the above
8. Which of the following factors helps to account for the dryness of the Sahara Desert?
A. The height of the jet stream over the areas
B. Persistence of a high-pressure belt over the area
C. The complete absence of vegetation over much of the area
D. Impact of oil production by the countries of that region
9. Which of the following landforms result from wind deposition?
10. The main characteristics of a river entering the sea is ___.
A. evaporation and disappearance
B. deep and straight hank
C. sluggishness and deposition
D. erosion and sluggishness
11. The level at which rock is saturated is called ___.
A. corrosion level
B. conduction level
C. hydraulic level
D. melting level
12. Loops are formed by ___.
B. water table
13. The Pampas of South America and the prairies of North America are mainly known for the production of ___.
14. The ores that in nature occur together with copper are ___.
A. Lead and Zinc
B. Aluminium and Tin
C. Gold and Platinum
D. Hintallo Limestone
15. Which of the following types of coal has much higher thermal value?
16. Long fallow periods is an indication of ___.
A. scarcity of land
B. scarcity of population
C. intensity of agriculture
D. density of population
17. A conurbation is ___.
A. a city which extends over a million hectares of land and is characterized by skyscrapers
B. a large city with over one million people
C. the merging of more than one large. settlement to form a continuously built-up area with each retaining its identity
D. the concentration of settlements along both sides of a road
18. Which of the following is not a problem of urbanization in West Africa?
A. Development of slums
B. increase in prostitution
C. establishment of industries
D. poor waste management
19. The practice of cultivating crops and rearing animals on the same farm is known as ___.
A. mixed cropping
1. mixed farming
C. shifting cultivation
20. Which of the following is the most important factor limiting the volume of trade among West African countries’?
A. The emergence of trade block
B. Production of similar commodities
C. Size of market
D Too many political boundaries
21. Chalk is a good example of ___.
A. Extrusive rock
B. igneous rock
C. Metamorphic rock
D. Organically formed rock
22. Loss of lives and properties caused by earthquakes can be reduced through
B. construction of embankments
C. emergency planning
D. government legislation
23. Which of the following is NOT a resource of the atmosphere?
A. Biomass energy
B. Solar Energy
C. Wind energy
D. Bacteria energy
24. Which of the following zones of the atmosphere does change in weather
conditions take place’?
25. Which of the following are the correct stages of denudation?
A. Deposition — weathering — erosion — transportation
B. Weathering — erosion — transportation — deposition
C. Erosion — weathering — deposition — transportation
D. Weathering — Deposition — Transportation — Erosion
26. Which of the following planets has the shortest orbit around the Sun?
27. Part of the earth’s surface consisting of similar physical elements and characteristics
is described as ___.
C. natural regions
D. none of the above
28. Changes in seasons is a result of ___.
A. rotation of the moon only
B. inclination of the earth only
C. inclination of the rotation of the earth
D. revolution and inclination of the earth
29. Tides are caused by the gravitational pull of ___.
A. the Mars and the Sun
B. Stars and the Ocean
C. the Moon and the Sun
D. the Stars and the Moon
30. Which of the following is not associated with volcanicity?
31. The prevalent type of rock in a karsts landscape is ___.
32. The apparent movement of the Sun occurs between the ___.
A. Equator and North Pole
B. The North Pole and the South Pole
C. Tropic of Cancer and Tropic of Capricorn
D. Arctic Circle and Antarctic Circle
33. Annual range of temperature is largest in the ___.
A. Tropical zone
B. Equatorial region
C. Temperate zone
D. Tropical hot desert
34. ‘Polarization’ of the national economy means ___.
A. decentralization of development
B. development of new regional centres
C. integration of the national economy
D. centralization of the national economy
35. The level of output in mining may be determined by ___.
A. the input of labour
B. the input of capital
C. nature or the ore deposit
D. all of the above
36. GONDWANALAND is associated with ___.
D. none of the above
37. The map that concentrates on the spatial variation of the form of a single attribute is known as ___.
A. General purpose map
B. Spatial map
C. Thematic map
38. Unwanted variation introduced into data during measurement or display is called
D. None of the above
39. The greater part of the Earth’s crust is. made up of two types of materials, namely
A. Basalt and Sima
B. Gabbro and Basalt
C. Magma and Sima
D. Sial and Sirna
40. One of the following is not associated with a glaciated highland
B. Crag and tail
D. Pyramidal peak