A. Equal sides, different angles
28. What is the circumference if a circle whose area is 154cm2
29. A field measuring 33m by 103m has a path 1.5m round it. Find the area of the main field.
30. From the figure above: TR is tangent, AT is a diameter of the circle. Find x.
B. $4.40 is the mean and $4.00 is the median
C. It’s impossible to tell which is which
D. It’s possible in both case
35, The correlation between two variables is very close to 0. Does it follow that there is no relation of any kind between the set of variables?
A. Yes, there cannot be any relationship
B. No, there could be some kind of relationship
A. 100, 101, 102, 103
38. Two events A and B are such that P(A) = 0.3, P(B) = 0.4,P(A and B) –0.12. Are A and B independent, and why (or why not)?
B. No, because P(A) + P(B) is not equal to P(A and B).
C. Cannot say, because we don’t know whether A and B are disjoint.
D. Cannot say, because we need to know what A and B represent in order to figure out whether they are independent.
39. A bag contains 2 red, 3 green and 2 blue balls. Two balls are drawn at random. What is the probability that none of the balls drawn is blue?
40. Three unbiased coins are tossed. What is the probability of getting at most two heads? A. 3/4