Nigeria Immigration Service News 2019/2020 – Latest Application Update
Nigeria Immigration Service News 2019/2020 – Latest Application Update.
Nigeria Immigration Service News… The Nigeria Immigration Service is an agency responsible for the controlling of persons entering or leaving Nigeria, issuing of travel documents to Nigerian citizens in and outside Nigeria, issuing of residence permits to foreigners in Nigeria, border surveillance and patrol, and enforcement of laws and regulations.
The Nigeria Immigration Service recruitment commences every year, but that of 2019/2020 is yet to begin, so interested applicants will have to stay tuned.
This article will also inform you of the positions that will be open for recruitment, the general requirements and how to apply.
IMPORTANT! Currently, N-power recruitment form 2019 is not yet out online, DISREGARD any form of advert you come across. This page will be updated immediately the form is out.
Positions for Recruitment
If you are interested in a career in the Nigeria Immigration Service, below are the names of the posts that will be open for recruitment:
1. Assistant Superintendent of Immigration
2. Immigration Assistant
3. Assistant Inspector of Immigration (AII)
4. Senior Inspector of Immigration (SII)
5. NIS – Immigration Assistant III (IA3)
6. NIS – Inspectorate Cadre – Assistant Inspector (AII)
Requirements for Nigeria Immigration Service Recruitment
1. You must be a Nigerian citizen by birth or descent.
2. You must not be less than 18 years or more than 35 years of age.
3. You must not be less than 1.7 meters in height for male and 1.64 meters for female.
4. You must have a fully expanded chest measurement of not less than 0.87 meters.
5. You must be certified by a Government Medical Officer to be physically and mentally fit for appointment into the Service.
6. You must not be suffering from any form of mental or physical disability.
7. You must be free from any form of financial embarrassment.
8. You must be of good character and must not have been found guilty of any criminal offence.
9. Do not apply if you have any of the following medical conditions:
- Sight problem,
- Hearing difficulties,
- Previous major orthopedic operation,
- Flat foot,
- Bow legs,
- Limb legs,
- Bent knees,
- Hunched back,
- Fracture, stammering or any other natural disability,
- Amputation of any part of the body, etc.
Qualifications for Nigerian Service Recruitment
- West African School Certificate (WASC) or Senior Secondary School Certificate (SSSC) with Credits in not less than three (3) subjects including English and at least passes in two (2) other subjects; or
- National Examination Council (NECO)/General Certificate of Education (GCE) Ordinary Level with passes in four (4) subjects obtained at one sitting or five (5) subjects obtained at two sittings including English Language.)
- National Diploma (ND) obtained from a recognized institution.
- National Certificate of Education (NCE) from a recognized institution; or
- General Certificate of Education (Advance Level) in two (2) subjects obtained at one sitting or three (3) subjects obtained at two sittings.)
How to Apply for Nigerian Immigration Service Recruitment 2019
1. Visit the Nigeria Immigration Service recruitment portal at www.nisrecruitment.org.ng,
2. Click on ‘Apply Here’ under the Rank/Cadre you are qualified for,
3. Register with a valid and active email account,
4. A verification link will be sent to your email,
5. Login to your email and click on the link to verify your email account. If you cannot see it in your inbox, check your ‘spam’ folder,
6. After verifying the link, login to your profile and complete you application,
7. Upload documents if required,
8. Submit by clicking the send button and take printout.
After clicking on submit, if you have submitted correctly, you will receive a confirmatory mail. Your application will be checked initially to determine whether you meet the requirements for the position you are applying for.
If you are eligible, your application will be assessed in terms of experience, training, and skills. The assessment test could consist of a written exam, computer-based test, aptitude test or any type of simulation exercise. You would also be informed about the time, type, and duration of the exam.
The result of the test is assessed by a special commission. If you pass the test, you will be included among the shortlisted names for interview regarding the skills and you will be informed.
Note: The recruitment form for 2019/2020 is not yet out.