If you think you will never love potatoes, you have another think coming! This moist mashed potatoes dish will get you asking for more. The mashed potatoes on it’s own is so moist and creamy that I eat it on its own without any sauce.
Ingredients for Potato Love Island
You can use any of your favourite sauces for this Potato Love Island. For the sauce in the video, I used:
- 250g beef
- Red wine
- ½ onion
- 1 big red bell pepper
- 1 mushroom
- Black pepper
- 2 seasoning cubes
- Vegetable oil
- Ginger powder
- Onion powder
For the Potato Island:
- 4 Irish potatoes (spuds)
- ⅓ tin of Peak Milk
- 50g (½ stick) Butter
- 1 tablespoon soft cheese
Notes on the ingredients
- Most of these ingredients can be added to your liking hence why most do not have a quantity associated with it. This meal is so easy to prepare, you can free-style it without getting into trouble.
- The combination of Peak Milk, butter and cheese give you the best tasting mashed potatoes ever!
- For the soft cheese, I used Philadelphia cheese.
Before you prepare Potato Love Island
- Peel, wash and cut the potato into small pieces (se video below).
- Slice the onion and the mushroom and cut up the red bell pepper into tiny pieces. I cut some into heart shapes for love effect.
- Cut the beef into thin strips.
- Season the strips of beef with some onion powder, ginger powder, black pepper, stock cubes and thyme. Cover and place in the fridge to marinate for 20 minutes.
- Place the potatoes in a pot, pour water to cover them add some salt and start cooking on medium heat.
- After 20 minutes, fry the strips with the onions on low heat till tender.
- Add the mushrooms and the red bell pepper and fry for a bit.
- Add some salt and the red wine and it’s done!
- Cook the potatoes for about 20 minutes or till you can easily drive a knife into it.
- Add the cheese, butter and Peak Milk.
- Mash with a potato masher till very smooth.
Serve with the sauce or enjoy the mashed potatoes on its own.