Orthopaedics is a major subject in MBBS and one must have clarity in concepts to master the subject. One must comprehend all of the major topics that must be thoroughly studied while studying for prof exams. Using a planned approach can help you complete everything within the time limit.
- Be conversant with the following important Orthopaedics topics in MBBS: Bone and joint infection- septic arthritis, Bone and joint infection- osteomyelitis, Bone and Joint Infection- Skeletal Tuberculosis, Diagnosis especially Benign Tumors, Management Malignant Tumors, Cerebral palsy, Poliomyelitis, Peripheral Nerve Injury, Brachial Plexus Injury, Osteomalacia, Osteoporosis, Osteopetrosis and Paget’s, Achondroplasia, Pediatrics Orthopedics, CTEV, Genu Varum, Prosthesis, orthoses and splints, Orthopaedic implants, Osteoarthritis, R.A and Ankylosing spondylitis, Gout, Fracture of spine, Fracture pelvis, acetabulum, proximal femur, shaft femur, distal femur, patella and proximal tibia, Both Bone Leg, Calcaneum and Foot Bones, Fracture of ankle, Knee and ankle ligament injuries, and Miscellaneous Sports Injuries and Rehabilitation.
- Be familiar with the entire syllabus: Even though the Orthopaedics syllabus in MBBS is vast, you need to at least know a gist about each topic, lengthy or short. Maintain track of the crucial topics while also keeping an eye on the basic ones. Reduce unnecessary material and concentrate on the most often asked questions to save time for revision.
- Create a Realistic Timetable: Be focused on your goal and prepare everything correctly while adhering to a strict deadline. A well-structured timetable will assist you in organising your time based on the length and depth of a topic. One thing to remember is that you must rigorously adhere to the timetable you have established.
- Prepare Notes while Learning: This is one of the most effective ways for studying Orthopaedics for UnderGrads. Keeping notes not only aids in learning but also in revising and memorising. You do not need to go over everything before your exam; simply pick up your well-organized notes, begin reviewing, and you are ready to go.
- High-Quality Study Material: It is crucial to choose the correct exam material. You can find a lot of books, Online Orthopaedics Course for Medical Students, papers, and mock tests online. In Orthopaedics, the most significant things to focus on are clinical examinations, treatment videos, X-rays, implants, and tools. All of this may assist you enhance your speed and accuracy.
- Previous year question papers: Go through previous year papers to gain clarity in the format of exam. They not only assist students in becoming acquainted with the exam framework, but they also assist them in gaining confidence in a subject. Questions are regularly switched and repeated, allowing a student to gain guaranteed marks/scores on an exam.
The goal of learning Orthopaedics using the most recent curriculum.
The main focus of the medical discipline of orthopaedics is the treatment of the musculoskeletal system. This system includes joints, ligaments, and tendons in addition to bones and muscles. The programme is designed to give pupils a fundamental understanding of the musculoskeletal system. The competency-based programme focuses a high emphasis on assessing students’ ability to examine and diagnose musculoskeletal disorders effectively.